Avoid sugar, coffee, tea and other caffeinated beverages prior to a dental visit. Caffeine can make you more nervous. It may also interfere with the anesthesia provided by the dentist. Eating high protein foods produces a calming effect, unlike sugary foods.
In a study where people were asked to solve math problems, there was no difference between men’s and women’s scores until the women were required to wear bathing suits. Suddenly their focus shifted to self-consciousness. Uneasiness and anxiety can hold anyone back. Don’t let these feelings keep you from benefiting from preventive, restorative, or cosmetic dentistry.
What you can do:
• Share your fears with us;
• Keep appointments – delaying may complicate treatment;
• Avoid caffeine and sugar;
• Interrupt us if you need a break;
• Ask questions – knowledge is power!
What we can do:
• Consult with you to develop your best treatment strategy;
• Provide you with distractions;
• Use technology to minimize discomfort;
• Offer sedation so that you can have more treatment completed in one visit;
• Provide non-surgical treatments.
If you are in Georiga especially in Atlanta, Alpharetta, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Duluth, Cumming, Buford, Sugar Hill visit www.JohnsCreekSedationDentist.com or call 770-623-8750.